Police Captain Blames ‘White Male Privilege’ During Official Training
PLAINFIELD, Ind. — A Plainfield police officer is on administrative leave after complaints were filed for her comments during training.
WISHTV I-Team 8 used Indiana’s public access laws to retain video of the Plainfield Police Department’s transgender awareness training that occurred in November.
After a question during the training, Capt. Carri Weber says he doesn’t understand because of “white male privilege.”
(The video shows a female police officer conducting the training, but does not show Weber.)
* MAN’S VOICE: My wife has never been part of police violence, most people that I know have never accused the police of violence.
* WEBER: That’s because of white male privilege.
* MAN’S VOICE: So I guess I don’t get where that statistic comes from.
* WEBER: Because your white male privilege, so you wouldn’t know.
* MAN’S VOICE: I’m sorry?
* WEBER: Because of your white male privilege.
* MAN’S VOICE: Wow, I’m done with this training.
Three Police Officers Shot, One Killed After Being Dispatched To Wrong House
Three Missouri Officers Shot, One Killed In Hours-Long Shootout Anders Hagstrom Justice Reporter ThreeRead More
U.S. Marshals Round Up More Than 200 Of Baltimore’s Most Violent Criminals
U.S. Marshals quietly arrested more than 200 of Baltimore’s most violent fugitives. Local Coverage:Read More