Spain: Police Arrest Second Suspect In Connection With Barcelona Terror Attack
Immigration and Foreign Policy Reporter
The president of Spain’s Catalonia region confirmed that police have arrested a second suspect in connection with the van attack in Barcelona’s Las Ramblas district Thursday.
Two men are in custody following the attack, which left 12 people dead and at least 80 more injured, Carles Puigdemont said at a news conference, according to the Associated Press.
A rental van jumped the sidewalk in Las Ramblas on Thursday afternoon, mowing down pedestrians walking along the tree-lined street. Spanish authorities declared the incident a terrorist attack, and the Islamic State claimed responsibility just hours later. (RELATED: ISIS Claims Responsibility For Barcelona Attack)
State-owned broadcaster RTVE had previously reported that a man was detained a few hours after the attack. Spanish media also reported that police were searching for a man named Driss Oukabir, who was suspected of having rented the van.
Catalonian officials have not confirmed if Oukabir is one of the men in custody.
In a separate incident Thursday afternoon, Catalonian police shot and killed a man who was in a car that hit two officers at a security checkpoint in Barcelona. Police have not said if the incident was connected to the Las Ramblas van attack.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/17/police-arrest-second-suspect-in-connection-with-barcelona-terror-attack/
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.
Investigative Report: Four Unanswered Questions Plague Las Vegas Police Mass Shooting
Four Big Questions Still Hang Over The Las Vegas Police Mass Murder Report RichardRead More
Orlando Nightclub Shooter’s Wife Knew Of His Plot To Kill And Did Nothing
REPORT: Pulse Nightclub Shooter’s Wife Knew Of His Plot To Kill And Did NothingRead More