Multiple people reportedly dead in shooting at Oregon college
DEVELOPING — Oregon police confirm the gunman in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg is dead, but cannot confirm reports of the number of fatalities. Local media and authorities have been reporting 10-15 dead.
Here’s what we know as of 5:00 p.m. ET:
- Authorities told Fox News they responded to a report of a shooting Thursday at around 10:38 a.m. local time.
- The shooter was a 20-year-old male and he is now dead.
- Mercy Medical Center said in a Facebook posting that it had received nine patients from the shooting and three more were on the way.
- A Peace Health Sacred Heart Medical Center spokesperson said the hospital had received “six victims,” two females and four males. “One of the females is 18 years old.”
- A Douglas County Sheriff’s Dept. spokesperson said multiple assets were on site and EMS was on the scene.
- The ATF said on Twitter that it had special agents on the scene.
- Students and faculty members are being bused to the Douglas County Fairgrounds and can be picked up there.
Arms, Faith And The God-Endowed Right Of Liberty
Arms, Faith And The God-Endowed Right Of Liberty Alan Keyes Former Assistant Secretary ofRead More
I Am Shocked And Outraged That Americans Are Shocked By John Kelly
I Am Shocked And Outraged That Americans Are Shocked By John Kelly David KraydenRead More