Multiple people reportedly dead in shooting at Oregon college
DEVELOPING — Oregon police confirm the gunman in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg is dead, but cannot confirm reports of the number of fatalities. Local media and authorities have been reporting 10-15 dead.
Here’s what we know as of 5:00 p.m. ET:
- Authorities told Fox News they responded to a report of a shooting Thursday at around 10:38 a.m. local time.
- The shooter was a 20-year-old male and he is now dead.
- Mercy Medical Center said in a Facebook posting that it had received nine patients from the shooting and three more were on the way.
- A Peace Health Sacred Heart Medical Center spokesperson said the hospital had received “six victims,” two females and four males. “One of the females is 18 years old.”
- A Douglas County Sheriff’s Dept. spokesperson said multiple assets were on site and EMS was on the scene.
- The ATF said on Twitter that it had special agents on the scene.
- Students and faculty members are being bused to the Douglas County Fairgrounds and can be picked up there.
NYC’s Puerto Rican Day Parade Organizer’s Decision To Honor Terrorist Leads to New York Yankees, Jet Blue, Goya Pulling Their Support
New York Yankees, Jet Blue Pull Support From Parade Honoring Terrorist Leader Kerry Picket ReporterRead More
You may be surprised by who colleges have invited as Commencement Speakers in 2017
The Daily Caller Harshly And Truthfully Judges This Year’s College Commencement Speakers Eric Owens EducationRead More