MEMO RELEASED: Memo Says Spy Warrant Would Not Have Been Sought Without Dossier
The White House on Friday released a highly-anticipated memo alleging that the Justice Department left crucial information out of an application for a spy warrant against a former Trump campaign adviser.
The three-and-a-half page memo, which was written by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, says that FBI and DOJ knew that the infamous Steele dossier had been financed by the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee when the agencies applied for a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant in order to spy on Carter Page.
But that information was left out of the September 2016 application for the warrant.
The memo also says that FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe told congressional investigators that the FISA warrant against Page would not have been granted without reliance on the dossier.
The campaign and DNC’s law firm, Perkins Coie, hired opposition research firm Fusion GPS in May 2016 to investigate Donald Trump. Fusion in turn hired former British spy Christopher Steele to look into Trump’s dealings in Russia.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/02/fisa-memo-released-spy-warrant-trump-dossier/
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.
Broward County Sheriff Has History Of Controversy, Including Being Accused Of Politicizing His Police Department
Broward County Sheriff Has History Of Controversy Peter Hasson Associate Editor * Broward CountyRead More
Obama Admin Knew About Russian Hacks, Waited To Tell Public For Fear Of Label As ‘Taking Sides’
Obama’s DHS Sec Says Administration Knew About Russian Hack, Waited To Tell Public ForRead More