Al Gore’s climate change kicked off with “An Inconvenient Truth.” Here are the top 10 reasons why we should listen to global warming
- The expected 20-foot rise in sea levels caused by melting ice caps.
- The “shutting down of the ocean conveyor.”
- The drying out of Lake Chad and the reduction of snow on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Hurricanes are getting stronger.
- Pacific Islands are “drowning.”
- CO2 is driving temperature increases.
- Record Japanese hurricanes.
- European heat wave deaths points to the horrors of global warming.
- Aerosol concentrations in Antarctic ice cores.
- A link between CO2 emissions and invasive plant species.
These life threatening issues quickly became not so important. Gore sells “Current TV” to the Emir of Qatar-funded Arab news channel Al-Jazeera. The deal with Emir of Qatar, who is one of the world’s largest exporters of oil and one of the largest exporter of liquefied natural gas, netted Gore 20 percent of the $500 million. The deal made Gore a solid $100 million.
George Soros buys $1 million shares of coal stocks. The left-wing hedge fund billionaire has pushed the global warming/climate change agenda through his political contributions. One of the oil and gas companies Soros invested in was Pioneer Natural resources. Soros stands to make a lot of money from the investment.
According to Forbes.com
Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD)
Both Soros’ top stock and the stock of which he is buying the most is Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD). He first bought 1,396,236 million shares in the third quarter of 2012 and over the next two quarters increased his shares to 2,322,781 as the price hiked from the upper $90s to the lower $121s. The company’s near 10-year high price Friday of $144.73 gives him a 42% average gain.
Pioneer is an oil and gas company which is active in the Permian Basian, South Texas, the Rockies, the Mid-Continent, Texas’ Barnett Shale Combo and Alaska’s Oooguruk field. It has 1.1 billion BOE of proved reserve and daily production of approximately 156,000 BOE/day.
The company’s stock appreciated 79.5% in the last year and is the best performing energy stock in the S&P 500 since 2009.
The moral may be; Principles can be modified to make a buck.